The Closed-End Fund Association (CEFA) is the national trade association representing the closed-end fund industry, and business development companies (BDCs). CEFA is committed to raising the awareness and understanding of CEFs and to providing a resource for information about its members and their offerings. Members of CEFA are among the leading asset management firms in the United States, Canada and abroad, recognized for their long-term service to shareholders.
A not-for-profit association, CEFA extends membership to investment companies, brokerage firms, legal firms, accounting firms, data providers, transfer agencies and other organizations that help manage, directly distribute or provide services to closes-end funds and BDCs.
Founded in 1997, the Closed-End Fund Association’s mission is focused on raising the awareness of closed-end funds, mainly by providing education to advisors and investors about the many benefits of CEFs. Working together with its members, CEFA also provides its members with the opportunity to gain additional exposure and recognition of their brand, products and thought leadership.
The vision is for CEFA to be an industry trade association that all closed-end fund sponsors and industry participants want to be a part of, because it is the group that is educating the advisors, investors and financial media, and changing perceptions and awareness about the benefits of CEFs through:
• Insightful and compelling information and education about CEFs and their role in properly constructed investment portfolios
• Proactive positive awareness for the CEF industry
• A forum for CEF industry participants to learn of, and discuss, important issues affecting the industry
• Partnerships with key industry stakeholders
• Build awareness of CEFs and their features and benefits
• Educate financial advisors, investors, and the media on CEFs
• Provide marketing support to CEFA members
• Develop strong industry partnerships and relationships
• Entice all CEF sponsors to want and need to join CEFA
Areas of Focus
1. Digital Marketing & Communications
2. Educational Advisor Events
3. Financial Media Outreach
4. Industry Partnerships
5. Recruiting and Member Support